Trip - Colombia

Monday, July 30, 2007

FOR and TO

When do you use the preposition to and when do you use for? FOR is used to express doing something on someone's behalf. TO expresses direction.

Examples:

FOR

I hurt my hand and cannot carry my books myself, can you carry them for me?
I also can't use my hand to write. Can you write a letter for me, so I can send it to my mother?

TO

I am up on the ladder painting and I forgot the turpentine, but I don't want to come down to get it. Can you carry the turpentine to me?

Could you send the letter you wrote for me to my mother? Or should I send it to her when I finish painting?

I also can't use my hand to write. Can you write a letter for me, so I can send it to my mother?

I am up on the ladder painting and I forgot the turpentine, but I don't want to come down to get it. Can you carry the turpentine to me?

Could you send the letter you wrote for me to my mother? Or should I send it to her when I finish painting?

Fonte: http://www.englishexperts.net

Inauguration of new building for reference material production at IRMM-Geel

Caracterização físico-química de óleo e biodiesel metílico de crambe

Óleo Vegetal Natural como combustível - Inmetro

Biodiesel - Jornal Nacional

Bioethanol Production

Transesterification process for biodiesel

Energy Innovation at Scale

Future of Energy

Bill Gates Speech

Michael E Porter